Vacancy notice: ERC is looking for humanitarian assistance project manager
Estonian Refugee Council (ERC) is a value-driven non-governmental EU-certified humanitarian organization. ERC currently provides humanitarian assistance to displaced people and other vulnerable people in 5 crisis-affected countries and support services to beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia. Our mission is to stand for the rights and well-being of refugees and other vulnerable groups in Estonia and abroad.
Our active and international team is looking for
Humanitarian assistance project manager
The project manager working in the humanitarian assistance department is responsible for the effective implementation of humanitarian aid projects and programmes, including maintaining and managing the team and partnerships, planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the implementation of project activities, monitoring the project budget and correct use of funds. The project manager is also involved in fund-raising and establishing new international partnerships.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a university degree in humanitarian aid, development cooperation or a related field and/or previous work experience in this sector.
- You know well the humanitarian principles and the functioning of the international humanitarian system.
- You are familiar and have previously used typical project management tools and can handle monitoring and evaluation of results.
- You have very good computer skills, including basic data processing and analysis skills.
- You are fluent in English; working knowledge of Russian is an asset.
- You can see the big picture and at the same time notice the details; you do not feed discouraged by complicated budgeting and reporting templates.
- You are independent, proactive and flexible, solution-oriented and conscientious.
What do we offer?
- Value-based and meaningful full-time or part-time work with a competitive salary.
- Initially a fixed-term contract until the end of 2022; the possibility of an open-ended contract in case of good results.
- Pleasant working environment in Tallinn and Tartu, but also the opportunity to work remotely and flexibly.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and CV by 22 May 2022 with the keyword “Kandideerimine: humanitaarabi projektijuht” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention your salary expectation in the motivation letter.
Please address any additional questions or inquiries to Eero Janson, Director of Estonian Refugee Council (email@example.com, +372 517 4334).