Being a refugee is not a free choice. It's a forced situation. Alone in a foreign country, without support and help, starting to build up your life again is a difficult task.
Estonian Refugee Council works to help refugees who have arrived to Estonia to start their new lives as quickly as possible, and to provide support also to people forced to flee their homes outside of the Estonian borders.
You can help refugees as well! One possibility is to help refugees through our organization by making a donation, either one-time or recurring.
Donations can be made through banklinks on this page, or by bank transfer to the donation accounts of the Estonian Refugee Council: EE791010220258852223 (SEB, SWIFT/BIC: EEUHEE2X) or EE392200221056272250 (Swedbank, SWIFT/BIC: HABAEE2X).
To make donation gathering clear and transparent, and to provide supporters with the possibility to donate to a specific cause, we have established three donation funds:
- LEBANON – help us to support the people affected by the Beirut explosion on 4 August (in cooperation with our long-time local partner organization Sawa for Development & Aid).
- General support – when donating to this fund, you help us to be an independent advocacy organization that is independent of state funding.
- Support center fund – when donating to this fund, you support our integration activities in Estonia.
- Humanitarian aid fund – when donating to this fund, you support our initiatives outside of Estonia and provide us with possibility to start new humanitarian aid projects.
- Family reunification fund – when donating to this fund, you support these beneficiaries of international protection who wish to reunify with their family members who have stayed behind in their countries of origin.
Estonian Refugee Council follows the principles of good practice of donation gathering (available in Estonian).